Look 'n' Stop Firewall 2.06
Filtering (Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista): IP V6 support
(Internet Protocol Version 6)
Filtering (Windows Vista only): IP V6 support
Filtering (Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista): a new option to handle
Filtering (Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista): a new option to have
the application filtering still active even if Look 'n' Stop
is stopped (persistent application filtering)
Filtering (Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista): possibility to add non
standard extensions for parent applications.
New option to
associate import files (.rie) to Look 'n' Stop. This allows to
import files by clicking a link or double clicking on a .rie
to a rule from the log (with a right click).
startup is now available in the options (not supported for
added "Equal/different from my @" for the MAC
added a "Local Port" criteria for port selection (by
default this criteria selects the range 1024-5000, except
under Vista it is 49152-65535).
- Automatic selection of the
network interface is anyway done on an excluded IP if no other
network interface with a valid IP has been found..
- Rule and log files are no longer
saved in the Look 'n' Stop installation folder but in the
following folder: "\Documents and Settings\[user]\Local
Settings\Application Data\looknstop" (Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista
only; and for a fresh install only)
- The registration is no longer
done through the "Look 'n' Stop Code" but with an
- "Watch thread
injection" and "Watch DNS calls" are no longer
available for now.
- An explicit option has been
added on the command line to start several instances of Look
'n' Stop. A double-click on looknstop.exe no longer start a
- When Look 'n' Stop is started in
service mode, if the user log off, Look 'n' Stop is no longer
stopped (and restarted).
- Number of filtering rule is now
128 for the Internet filtering.
- Number of rules/applications is
now 200 for application filtering.
- Number of TCP SPI is now
configurable through the registry
- New display options in the TCP
connections dialog box.
- Added more information for TCP
- In the dialog box to associate
an application to a rule the full path of the selected
application has been added.
- Several fixes and improvements
in TCP SPI (in particular in timeout handling)
- Automatic selection of the
network interface wasn't working in some particular
- After the popup windows is
closed now the focus is put again on the initial application
that has the focus before.
- When editing a rule with a
plugin, some criteria were not saved properly.
- When an application was
associated to a rule, modifying an attribute (log, allow/block)
of the rule was also modifying its activation without looking
to the application state..
- Color display issue when started
in service mode.
- Fixed some attribute update
displays in Internet Filtering page when the rule is updated
by a plugin.
- Internet Filtering (Windows
2000/2003/XP/Vista): crash at startup with some ethernet
- Application Filtering (Windows
2000/2003/XP/Vista): Added a fix in process identification to
detect some leaktests/malicious software changing application
process path in user mode.
- Problem sometimes when doing
rule copy/paste in Internet Filtering.
- When the settings were locked
with a password, the quit menu in the tray icon was not greyed
if a translation plugin was enabled.
- Under XP: IPV6 Applications are
- When Look 'n' Stop is started as
a service, the context help doesn't work (help file has to be
- Under Vista: Features requiring
Look 'n' Stop to be started as Admin:
- The registration to the
Windows security center
- .rie file association
- Plugins have to give their
interface version now. Old plugins are considered as using
interface 1.01 by default.
- Rule edition: IPV6
compatibility, and 16 fields per rule available
- Rule edition: added an AND/OR
operator between two consecutive fields.
- Rule edition: added an OR
criteria with 3 values to be compared with.
- Rule edition: Log attribute and
Application list added to the interface.